Volkor The Barbarian Warrior
||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|btn-server.py||4 years ago|
|flowchart.xml||4 years ago|
|jlaw.png||4 years ago|
|the-button.ino||4 years ago|
|the-button.py||4 years ago|
A cool Arduino button that kicks Jennifer-Lawrence (or anyone!) on IRC.
[22:56:02] <tsahyt> lots of new ways to kick jlaw today [22:56:03] <tsahyt> today is a good day
- Big Red novelty button
- Arduino (as long as it has usb serial)
- 2 * 1k resistors
- 9+ male to male jumper cables
- A will to
- Python 2.7 with
pip install PySerial
For the actual hardware setup, diagrams, and fancy graphs, my actual assignment writeup is done on my blog.
Make sure this project is cloned into ~/git, else the weechat script can't spawn the listener.
Make sure weechat is setup to automatically authenticate with nickserv, and join the correct channel.
cp the-button.py ~/.weechat/python/autoload/
Edit the settings in the-button.py and change the target channel, network, and user.
- Zac, from uni who half came up with the idea while waiting for next class.
- nils_2 in #weechat@freenode for pointing me in the right direction with weechat's scripting API
- A_Dragon on Snoonet for being the test punching bag
- sham1 and browndawg #linuxmasterrace@Snoonet trying to help me use C++ (and then not getting mad when I chucked all that code away)
- Jennifer-Lawrence in #linuxmasterrace@Snoonet because this just makes abusing you a lot more fun. (<.<)